- Paneer (indian cheese) – 2 cups (cut into cubes)
- Spring Onions – 1 cup (both green and white portions)
- Green Chillies – 4 slit
- Green Peppers (Capsicum) – 1 cut into bite sized pieces
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
- Tomato Chilli Sauce or Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp (or if unavailable use All purpose flour or Maida flour)
- Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – according to taste
Break the egg into a bowl and beat well adding a little salt and pepper. To this add the paneer cubes and mix well. Then add the corn flour and soya sauce and mix well. Allow to marinate for about 15 – 20 minutes.
In a pan, heat about 2 tbsp of oil, and shallow fry the paneer cubes till they turn a light golden brown. Take them out and keep aside. In the same pan, add about 1 tbsp of oil (can reduce this if more oil from the shallow fry is still left in the pan) and after it heats up, add the white portion of the spring onions, and saute for a minute. Then add the green peppers and saute till its cooked about 3/4th. Then add the green chillies, pepper powder and salt and mix well and stir fry for a minute. Now add in the fried paneer to this mix and toss well. Finally add in some tomato sauce/ketchup and coat the pieces well and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Garnish with the green portions of the spring onion and serve.
Its been a long time since I have updated my blog. Today, decided to take the opportunity, thanks to Meena, so I can participate in her giveaway at her blog.