- Chicken – 1 – 1.5lb cut into medium sized pieces
- Onions – 2 big (sliced)
- Tomatoes – 1 big (sliced)
- Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – 1.5 cups
- Green Chillies – 2 or 3 (optional)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 to 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 to 2 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Garam masala items – 1 tsp (cloves – 1, cinnamon stick – 1, saunf – 1/2 tsp, bay leaf – 1)
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves(Cilantro) and Curry leaves.
In a pan, heat oil and add the garam masala items and onions. Saute the onions for a while. Then, add the ginger garlic paste and saute. Then, add the methi leaves and saute for a few minutes. Then add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder, green chillies and salt. Fry this mixture for a while maybe adding a little bit of water. Then, add the chicken pieces with some water so that the chicken pieces are covered with water and cover the pan with a lid and allow to cook for 1/2hr or until chicken is done. Once the oil starts to come out to the top, the kozhambu is done (the consistency should be between a gravy and watery – soup like). Add the curry leaves and coriander leaves for garnish.
- Tips: Serve with rice or rotis.
- Cuisine: Indian
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- Serves 4-6